MINNEAPOLIS – October 23, 2018 – Jamf Nation User Conference – Today, with nearly 2,000 Apple IT administrators from around the globe in attendance, Jamf kicked off its 2018 Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC). Jamf, the management standard for the Apple ecosystem, announced its latest version of Jamf Pro and exciting updates from strategic partners Microsoft and SAP.
Jamf Pro 10
At JNUC 2017, Jamf announced general availability of Jamf Pro 10. One year and more than ten releases later, Jamf is announcing new capabilities in its latest version of Jamf Pro today, including:
- Empowering a better onboarding experience – IT admins can now deploy configuration profiles to Supervised iOS and tvOS devices prior to Setup Assistant completing, a major step forward for seamless onboarding. When activated, this feature will keep the device in the Setup Assistant workflow until the assigned profiles finish installing, giving every user a smooth and consistent enrollment experience.
- Manage tvOS updates – Admins will now be able to remotely update the tvOS operation system.
- Support of Classroom app for macOS – Previously, teachers that wanted to leverage Apple’s Classroom app had to carry and use an iPad. With support for the Classroom app on macOS devices, teachers can now utilize a Mac to guide students in the classroom.
- Activation Lock enhancement – Previously, Jamf gave admins the ability to enable Activation Lock as part of PreStage Enrollment on Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager devices. With the latest version of Jamf Pro, admins can manage Activation Lock outside of PreStage Enrollment entirely, meaning customers will not have to wipe and re-enroll devices in order to take advantage of Activation Lock.
Deploying, managing and protecting Apple devices has never been easier than it is with Jamf Now, a cloud-based mobile device management (MDM) solution for small and medium businesses. Jamf Now boasts streamlined workflows and powerful features like operating system (OS) updates and custom app deployment.
In 2018, Jamf Now released a number of significant product updates, including:
- Custom iOS app deployment: Organizations can support their teams with the iOS apps they need, no matter where the apps are available.
- macOS package deployment: Users are empowered to package and deploy custom macOS apps and scripts.
- Balance: Organizations can now pre-pay for any amount of Jamf Now service and still enjoy monthly billing, so they only pay for what is actually used.
- OS updates: Remotely start software updates for iOS and macOS devices, no matter where devices are located.
With more than 70,000 members, Jamf Nation is the largest Apple IT management community in the world. Earlier this year, Jamf introduced Jamf One, an iOS app that puts the power of the Jamf community in a member’s pocket. Users are able to create and join Jamf Nation discussions, view open jobs, access support, submit help tickets and further engage with the Jamf and Apple IT community.
This month, Jamf also rolled out an exciting new feature in Jamf One. Users will be able to view and vote on product feature requests.
With a goal of forever changing how employees are onboarded and productive with technology, Jamf announced key partnership advancements:
- Microsoft / Jamf Connect: In 2017, Jamf and Microsoft partnered to integrate Jamf Pro, the standard in Apple management, with Intune. The initial integration included the ability to share inventory data, apply conditional access and offer remediation paths, ensuring that trusted users are accessing corporate data from trusted applications on trusted devices. Today, Jamf announced its integration with Microsoft is expanding to enable users to authenticate to their Mac with their Azure AD credentials leveraging Jamf Connect, formerly NoMAD. This will simplify life for end users by enabling them to enter only one set of credentials to access their Mac and immediately use cloud-based services registered with Azure AD (e.g., Office 365).
- SAP Apple Center of Excellence: SAP announced it chose Jamf to manage its whole ecosystem of Apple devices because it provides the best experience for IT and end users. SAP also debuted its new Apple@SAP service, an Apple Center of Excellence team that uses Jamf Pro to manage SAP’s 17,300+ Macs, 83,700 iOS devices and 170 Apple TVs.
Empowering Innovation in Education
Jamf is proud to empower innovation in education worldwide. In partnership with MATTER, a nonprofit with a mission to expand access to health and education around the world, an Innovation Hub will be sent to the Victoria Falls Primary School in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. Half of the population in Zimbabwe is younger than age 18, and this growing population has a lack of access to resources, particularly relating to technology training.
Jamf began its mission to bring technology to developing nations in 2017 with the creation of an Innovation Center within Grace Academy in Haiti. The initial project supplied the center with hardware, and a subsequent trip provided internet access, additional hardware and more training for both students and teachers. Expanding the project to include an Innovation Hub allowed even more students the opportunity to get their hands on technology.
These unique education hubs are outfitted with solar power and modified as 21st-century classrooms, ready to be deployed anywhere in the world. Utilizing the latest Apple technology, the Hub provides engaging and personalized learning for people who otherwise would have limited access to education, affording them meaningful opportunities to enrich their lives and their futures.
To learn more about the Innovation Hub and support this initiative, visit donate.matter.ngo/jamf.
“I’m excited to welcome our Jamf Nation friends at JNUC, a community that has swelled to over 70,000 members,” said Dean Hager, CEO, Jamf. “We are thrilled to announce these updates in our partnerships and products that show our dedication to simplifying management tasks for IT while ensuring the best possible experience for end users.”
Tune into tomorrow’s JNUC Keynote address at 9 AM CDT via Livestream to learn more about Jamf customers’ news.
Jamf is committed to enabling IT to empower end users and bring the legendary Apple experience to businesses, education and government organizations via its Jamf Pro, Jamf Now and Jamf Connect products, and more than 70,000 members of Jamf Nation. Today, over 18,000 global customers rely on Jamf to manage more than 11 million Apple devices. To learn more, visit: https://www.jamf.com.