Latest Software Release Enables Key Apple Deployment Services, Making it Even Easier for Organizations to Get Users Up and Running with Apple Devices and the Software They Need
(MINNEAPOLIS, MN) - JAMF Software,the leader in Apple device management, today introduced a new release of its Casper Suite. The latest version of JAMF Software’s flagship product lets organizations set up Apple Mac, iPad, and iPhone without IT having to touch the devices. It also allows organizations to better manage applications.
Managing the Apple Platform in the Enterprise Just Became Even Easier
This new software release combines Apple’s recent enterprise deployment services with the robust functionality found in JAMF Software’s management solution, Casper Suite. For more than 12 years, thousands of organizations worldwide have relied on JAMF Software to constantly monitor Apple’s newest capabilities and quickly enable them for easy use on an enterprise level.
Key New Features Include:
Hands-free enrollment through the Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Simplifies device setup (especially in one-to-one programs), saving IT time, while making the user experience remarkably simple. Users can unwrap their Apple device, turn it on, and be enrolled in enterprise or school settings
- Automatically fixes devices, making troubleshooting as easy as a “reset”
- Ensures devices stay secure by preventing users from removing profiles IT has set up
Better managed app distribution with the Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP)
- Lets IT re-assign apps, providing organizations with significant cost savings. Now apps can stay with the school or company that paid for them instead of with the student or user
- Invite unmanaged users to install apps they need to be more productive – ideal for BYOD settings
Casper Focus updates
- Casper Focus lets organizations control exactly what is up and running on an iPad, offering a convenient feature for classroom and retail where a controlled environment is key
- Leaders can lock an iPad to a specific Web page
“Apple has never been more focused on the enterprise, and another proof point is the latest release of its Volume Purchase Program and Device Enrollment Program,” said Jason Wudi, CTO of JAMF Software. “The Casper Suite lets organizations take advantage of these new capabilities, which simplify tasks for IT and enhance the end user experience. The out-of-box experience to productivity is unparalleled with the new powerful release of the Casper Suite.”
Come hear more about what JAMF Software can offer your organization at MacIT 2014 in San Francisco, March 26-29, 2014.
Pricing and availability
The latest version of the Casper Suite is available as a free upgrade for all customers. Those interested in the Casper Suite may contact JAMF Software to receive information about evaluating the product in their organization. For more information, please visit the Casper Suite page on the JAMF Software website.
- Become Part of the Family at the JAMF Nation Community
- Join the Conversation on Twitter
- Stay Connected with JAMF Software on LinkedIn
- Read the Deploying Devices with the Device Enrollment Program, VPP-Managed Distribution and the Casper Suite technical paper
About JAMF Software
JAMF Software has focused exclusively on helping the enterprise succeed with the Apple platform since its founding in 2002. JAMF Software has over 4,000 customers across commercial, education and government verticals managing more than 3 million Macs, iPads and iPhones. JAMF Software is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Visit JAMF at http://www.jamfsoftware.com and join the conversation at @JAMFSoftware.