Schools embrace Apple’s technology with easy deployment, reporting and management
MINNEAPOLIS – April 1, 2015 – JAMF Software, the leader in Apple device management, today announced a new release of the Casper Suite, with features that enhance Apple device management in schools. The new capabilities help IT in education environments deploy and manage Mac, iPhone and iPad devices simply, effectively and at low cost, making the most of often limited resources.
For more than 12 years, the Casper Suite has provided full Apple device management with inventory, deployment and security capabilities that go beyond those of basic MDM and multi-platform tools. Thousands of organizations, including many of the world’s top schools and universities, rely on JAMF Software’s Apple expertise for management of Mac, iPhone and iPad devices.
Helping Schools Succeed with Apple Technology
Highlights of the latest release:
Improved Classroom Management: New Casper Focus attention cues help engage students and smooth transitions in the classroom
- Casper Focus, used by teachers to manage classroom activities and digital assessments, now enables teachers to direct student iPad devices to a customizable screen to quickly get their attention during transitions.
Effortless Hardware Deployment: Zero-touch enrollment through Apple’s Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- The Casper Suite supports zero-touch enrollment of new Apple devices, saving IT time, while making the user’s initial setup experience remarkably simple for shared use and 1:1 deployments. Students and teachers can unbox their Apple device, turn it on, walk through the Apple setup assistance and automatically get access to school apps, content, and settings.
Efficient App Deployment: Easier app distribution and reporting with Apple’s Volume Purchase Program (VPP)
- With the Casper Suite, IT can retain and re-assign Volume Purchased apps, giving schools significant savings as apps can stay with the schools that paid for them rather than with a student or teacher that may no longer need the app or has left the school. New reporting provides IT administrators with further insight into how to free up VPP licenses.
Broadened eBook Deployment: Automatic eBook distribution from Apple’s iBookstore
- The Casper Suite now lets schools automatically install eBooks from the iBookstore on any iPad via VPP-managed distribution – a feature that was previously limited to in-house eBooks only.
Many of the features in today’s release are a direct result of feedback and requests from Casper users on JAMF Nation – the world’s largest Apple IT community with more than 20,000 active users. JAMF remains committed to evolving its technology to provide the best in Apple device management solutions for schools and all organizations.
Pricing and Availability
The latest version of the Casper Suite is available as a free upgrade for all customers. Those interested in the Casper Suite may contact JAMF Software to receive information about evaluating the product in their organization. For more information, please visit: http://www.jamfsoftware.com/products/casper-suite/pricing/
Comments on the News
“Today’s release incorporates direct requests voted on by school IT pros in the JAMF Nation community, making the Casper Suite better than ever. JAMF Software is passionate about helping schools make the most of Apple. With Casper Suite, IT can focus on using Macs, iPhones and iPads to truly engage students for an enhanced learning experience.” – Jason Wudi, CTO, JAMF Software
- The Guide to Apple iOS Deployment in Education Whitepaper
- Facilitating a New Kind of Learning Whitepaper
- The Ultimate Guide for Schools using Apple Webinar
- JAMF Software Education Website
- Become part of the family at the JAMF Nation Community
- Join the conversation on Twitter
- Stay connected with JAMF Software on LinkedIn
About JAMF Software
Since 2002, JAMF Software—and our Casper Suite solution—has made it easy for businesses, schools and other enterprises to unleash the power of Apple devices in their organizations.
Find out why more than 4,500 businesses and schools rely on JAMF Software to manage 4,000,000+ devices across the globe at http://www.jamfsoftware.com/