Organizations Can Immediately Upgrade to Take Advantage of the Latest Apple Operating System Capabilities When They Become Generally Available
MINNEAPOLIS – Sept. 7, 2016 – JAMF Software, the leader in Apple device management, announced support across all of its products, including Casper Suite and Bushel, for iOS 10 and macOS Sierra, which will become generally available on Sept. 13 and Sept. 20 respectively. When customers upgrade to the latest Apple operating systems, IT administrators can be confident their mobile device management (MDM) workflows will be uninterrupted.
Committed to helping organizations succeed with Apple, JAMF has offered support for all Apple releases when they become generally available, ensuring customers can take advantage of Apple’s latest operating system capabilities right away. The new Apple operating systems include new capabilities that will serve all organizations with certain features being especially beneficial for schools, hospitals, retails stores and field services. JAMF Software added new features to help organizations unlock the power of iOS 10 and macOS Sierra. These features and benefits include:
- All Organizations
- Configuring Cisco fast lane QoS to prioritize network bandwidth for critical iOS apps.
- Choosing a default calling app, such as Skype, to streamline an organization’s communication services.
- Automatically associating Managed Apple IDs for dramatically simplified app deployment using Apple’s Volume Purchase Program (VPP) with Apple School Manager.
- Managing Bluetooth settings to ensure that the Classroom app for teachers has uninterrupted communication with student iPads.
- Personalized patient experiences by applying custom wallpapers automatically when iPads are wiped and re-enrolled.
- Managing macOS firewall settings to block unwanted connections on the network and ensure hospital and patient data security.
- Improved flexibility for pushing macOS and iOS updates to managed devices in stores, so that IT can keep devices up to date without being in-store.
- Disabling iCloud features on macOS and iOS to ensure personal data isn’t introduced on a retail device.
- Managing which apps use cellular or roaming data to avoid unexpected data usage.
- Improved support for in-house apps to ensure apps keep working on devices that are offline for long periods of time.
“Users want to update their Apple devices to the latest operating systems the day they become available, so organizations need to be prepared, ensuring management practices are intact and productivity doesn’t stop,” said Dean Hager, CEO, JAMF Software. “With an exclusive focus on Apple, no one is better equipped than JAMF to support Apple and help organizations instantly tap into the new iOS 10 and macOS Sierra features.”
About JAMF Software
Since 2002, JAMF Software has been solely focused on helping organizations succeed with Apple. JAMF is committed to enabling IT to empower end users and bring the legendary Apple experience to businesses, education, and government organizations via its Casper Suite and Bushel® software, and the 38,000+ member JAMF Nation Community. Today, more than 8,800 global customers rely on JAMF to manage 6.6 million Apple devices. To learn more, visit: http://www.jamfsoftware.com.