What is customer success? It’s a question with answers that vary somewhat from one company to another, according to Jamf director of customer success Laurence Leong. In this episode of the Jamf After Dark podcast, hosted by Jamf channel program manager Kat Garbis and director of product strategy Katie English, Leong offers an account of the unique set of elements that makes up his job. As he explains, excelling in his position means a lot more than meeting his quota for customer renewals; he also has to act as a trusted advisor to customers and initiate solutions to some of their toughest problems.
Laurence Leong joined Wandera in September 2020, less than a year prior to the security software developer’s acquisition by Jamf. He enjoys getting to know the culture at Jamf through travel to the company’s headquarters in Minneapolis, along with trips to offices in London and other cities. Leong describes his work philosophy with warmth and style, likening his approach as a facilitator of relationships to the “middle child” mentality.
The conversation in this episode touches on a number of topics, including:
- The role of livestock and “meat raffles” in Minnesota life
- How customer success representatives can prevent problems by checking in with customers
- A story of solving a problem for a major healthcare provider
- Jamf onboarding and the information “firehose”
- The Jamf Report, our weekly all-company meeting
- Finding resources to help get started in customer success
- His favorite note-taking app and “app inertia”
Visit the Jamf After Dark website to find a complete list of past episodes and subscribe to our RSS feed.
Have market trends, Apple updates and Jamf news delivered directly to your inbox.