What can telehealth do?
Telehealth visits can result in:
- Increased access to healthcare, especially for rural patients
- Higher quality and frequency of patient care delivery
- Boosted patient and physician satisfaction and involvement
- Control of rising healthcare costs
- Reduction of returns to hospital: One study from the University of Pennsylvania Health System showed that over the span of three years, the use of telehealth services resulted in an astonishing 73% relative reduction in 30-day hospital readmissions for heart failure patients.
Types of telehealth
- Direct medical care: Video visits, video conferencing and even chat for non-emergency issues and psychiatric and psychological assessment and appointments.
- Remote patient monitoring: Remotely monitoring vitals and other health signals of a patient from the comfort of their own home, even for 24-hour monitoring
- Post-surgical care: For follow-up appointments and check-ins after surgery
- In-hospital virtual rounds: Communication between patients and staff via a hospital-provided Medical iPad
- In-hospital connection to outside support systems: Patients in isolation can connect with loved ones at home
iPad in Healthcare: Jamf supports new trends for on-demand remote care
Regardless of the need for ad-hoc on-demand telehealth encounters, Virtual Visits powered by Jamf allows healthcare organizations to configure and instantly deploy third-party HIPPA-compliant conferencing platforms. Hospitals provide iPads to patients for temporary use. Providers can virtually care for patients, and patients can connect with loved ones and providers.
Apple telehealth as part of a patient-experience initiative
Patient comfort, communication and confidentiality can be preserved through an Apple device at the bedside that connects patients to their own care. With Jamf and Apple, IT teams can use Jamf Healthcare Listener, an electronic medical record integration to Jamf Pro, to digitally sterilize shared iOS and tvOS devices for each and every patient.
What you need to provide telehealth
Learn more about what you need, including:
- The right hardware
- The right solutions
- The right security
Discover the details about how to support and benefit from telehealth at your hospital or clinic by reading Jamf’s Telehealth Essentials e-book.
Have market trends, Apple updates and Jamf news delivered directly to your inbox.