The iTunes Store ID of the application could not be validated???

bosstone75
New Contributor III

I'm a beginner!

I just tried to deploy an app to 3 of my iPads.

The app made it to 2 of the iPads, but not the 3rd. Instead within the JSS, I get the message "The iTunes Store ID of the application could not be validated"

I checked the iPad in question and it is signed into an Apple ID that has been validated.

Don't even know what I should be looking for as far as what might be wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

11 REPLIES 11

Emmert
Valued Contributor

I take it this with VPP2 ... do you get the app if you sign into a different Apple ID that has it authorized?

Malcolm
Contributor II

I was receiving similar error results on an iPad today too. the apple id appeared fine, set up with no payment option, and all other address and country information correct and verified.

the time on the ipad accurate, and the apps downloading fine via the app store, and some apps working via self-service and some not.

aside from restarting our JSS, I cant see what the problem is.

Malcolm
Contributor II

The only other theory I have is, with one app, that we identified with the issue, it's version number was significantly higher in the app store than it was in within JSS.

Malcolm
Contributor II

Why this isn't automatically updating within JSS, I am unsure.

Malcolm
Contributor II

Yeah I looked into it further, the app had become out of date within JSS, and unfortunately this wont auto update its details within JSS so the app has to be resisted into your apps section of JSS.

Which means I have about 20 Apps I have to remove and re-add. (not desirable).

brownbe
New Contributor III

@Malcolm I have been having this same issue deploying apps to iPads. Have you really had to delete apps and the re-add them? Wouldn't that mess with the scoped apps? Can you simply just change the version ID?

Malcolm
Contributor II

In theory that was my believe too, and the apps distributed as managed did disappear off ipads, so we stopped managing them.

I think trying to update the version number wouldn't hurt, just means you need to look up the app version number first. Which is why I went the delete and re add path, however with the more recent jss builds I haven't been seeing this problem.

klshattuck
New Contributor

I have just begun getting this error. I sent an app out to a class. 18 were able to get the app but 2 get this error.

The iTunes Store ID of the application could not be validated.

Any ideas?

brownbe
New Contributor III

@klshattuck

I've been running into this issue every couple days. It last popped up about two hours ago and I cannot push any apps out due to it. Right now I just have to wait it out and try again tomorrow.

I spent a few hours on the phone with JAMF and they were able to replicate the issue on their end. They gave me the defect ID D-008401 and said to keep an eye on the release notes... it wasn't fixed in 9.64 so I have no idea when it will be addressed. What version are you running?

japall
New Contributor

We had this issue on one device, happens when they use someone else's ID usually, and they've hidden purchases.

This seemed to fix it. But iPad messages are usually very generic and unspecific some one error message could have multiple problems solutions.

Either way worth a go for you guys.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201322

mcooper
New Contributor III

@japall This fixed the issue we were seeing on a couple of iPads. Thanks!