CrashPlan ProE package failing

jthurwood
New Contributor III

I'm having problems trying to install the CrashPlan ProE pkg that ive pulled from the CrashPlan DMG. I install using a Self Service policy and it works fine but if i change it to a Login or EveryHour policy it fails.

Has anyone else ever came across this mystery?

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

I have run into this and had opened a ticket with CrashPlan and JAMF, and it didn't go anywhere. The workaround I have that seems to work is setting up two policies. The first policy installs the CrashPlan settings (bundled as a dmg with Composer) and then uses a manual trigger to call the second policy which install the CrashPlan pkg. For some reason if the pkg is triggered by a manual trigger, it installs fine, otherwise, a recurring one fails with an extremely helpful "contact vendor" error message.

ted_johnsen
New Contributor III

Hey Guys,

Are you referencing the technical paper for deploying CP PROe?

http://resources.jamfsoftware.com/documents/technical-papers/Administering-CrashPlan-PROe-with-the-Casper-Suite.pdf

If so, there is a syntax error in the documentation.

The line in question is on page 6:

user='last -1 | awk '{print $1}’`

There is a missing back tick at the beginning (there is an apostrophe instead). Also, the apostrophe at the end is ‘educated’ and not straight which could be a further issue if this is being copied-and-pasted. You can use the following for the user variable.

user=last -1 | awk '{print $1}'
user=$(last -1 | awk '{print $1}')

Cheers!