Problems Deploying Creative Cloud Packages in Casper 9.32

krdell
New Contributor

I had similar problems with casper 8.73 but eventually figured out that I needed to fix the permissions of the pkgs by giving everyone read and write access. Now that we have switched to 9 I cannot seem to get it to work despite changing permissions of pkg and contents; re-packing as a dmg; re-packing as a dmg and deploying as cache, then running script i found in these discussions. The pkg runs fine locally before going into CA. The errors I am seeing in the logs when I import as pkg is that it cannot verify the package. When it is a dmg it completed successfully according to self service but neevr shows up on the machine. Even the logs say it went through ok. I am totally lost with this one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

As long as you follow these directions it should work fantastically in Self Service:
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=161

I've found it's very important to create your Install.pkg without any spaces in the name. It's also crucial that the exact .dmg name is used when you put in that variable in the installpkgfromdmg.sh settings in the policy.

krdell
New Contributor

Unfortunately I have tried that and it's still not working. Here are the 2 errors I have seen in the logs in this regard:

Script result: Variable "dmgName" value is set to: AdobeBridge Mounting the DMG AdobeBridge... hdiutil: mount failed - No such file or directory DMG mounted successfully as volume on device . Installing Package Adobe Bridge_Install.pkg from mount path ... Error: The package (Adobe) could not be found. There was an error installing the package. Exit Code: 1 Unmounting disk ... hdiutil: detach failed - No such file or directory rm: /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/AdobeBridge: No such file or directory

and

Script result: Variable "dmgName" value is set to: AdobeBridge.dmg Mounting the DMG AdobeBridge.dmg... DMG mounted successfully as volume /Volumes/AdobeBridge on device /dev/disk3. Installing Package from mount path /Volumes/AdobeBridge... There is a problem with your syntax. Error: No package was specified Type "jamf help" for more information. There was an error installing the package. Exit Code: 1 Unmounting disk /dev/disk3... "disk3" unmounted. "disk3" ejected.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

It looks like it's because there is a space in the .pkg name (assuming for Bridge it is "Adobe Bridge_Install.pkg". Make sure there aren't any spaces in the name of the PKGs. Try it again after making sure the PKG within the DMG doesn't have a space in the name.

krdell
New Contributor

Still not working :(

Executing Policy AdobeBridge...
[STEP 1 of 3]
Mounting Main Dist to /Volumes/CasperShare 1...
[STEP 2 of 3]
Caching package AdobeBridgeInstall.pkg...
[STEP 3 of 3]
Running script installPKGfromDMG.sh...
Script exit code: 1
Script result: Variable "dmgName" value is set to: AdobeBridgeInstall Mounting the DMG AdobeBridgeInstall... hdiutil: mount failed - No such file or directory DMG mounted successfully as volume on device . Installing Package pkgutil from mount path ... Error: The package (pkgutil) could not be found. There was an error installing the package. Exit Code: 1 Unmounting disk ... hdiutil: detach failed - No such file or directory rm: /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/AdobeBridgeInstall: No such file or directory