Chrome Managed Preferences

paul_love
New Contributor

I have imported the Managed Preference Manifest for Google Chrome into managed preferences in JSS, added some settings (AuthServerWhitelist, AuthNegotiateDelegateWhitelist) and scoped the Preference for a test machine. When I log into the Mac with a local account, the Preference gets set properly and I can see it in /Library/Managed Preferences/localaccount . when I log in with an AD account, the preference doesn't get set. Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions on a solution to get it working for AD users?

5 REPLIES 5

mapurcel
Contributor III

Which version of OS X is this on? I am seeing that user-level preferences do not apply correctly to mobile accounts on Yosemite.

paul_love
New Contributor

Yes, this is Yosemite too.

I have another weird experience here too.....

We have JSS's behind load balancers - on one of the JSS's, we can set the preferences to be "Computer-Level Enforced", on the other JSS we only get "User-Level Enforced" or "UnManaged" options. What's that about and how would I enable Computer Level on other JSS. (There is only one database that both JSS's are connecting to)

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@paul.love, I don't think Yosemite likes User Level MCX.

We deployed out auth list via a user level MCX & it seems to work.

danny_hanes
Contributor

Any update on this? I am running into the same issue. 10.10.5

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@dhanes Use profiles or create a "Google Chrome Master Preferences" file. Don't use MCX.