Run a script

Not applicable

Hi,

For a department I need to run the Wirelurker script i found in this topic: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=12494

This is a python script. I need to download the script via a curl -O command, and then run it with python. Locally on my Mac this is no problem but I want to automate this in JSS if possible.

I want to make a smart computer group to see whether or not an infection has been found.
I know I can run scripts in JSS, but I havent found the best way to do it for this particular script. I don't want the user to be able to do this via self service.

Hope somebody can put me on the right track.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I haven't used this personally but it looks like an extension attribute script so you just need to create a new extension attribute with this script as the contents and the Macs will run it and report on the status each time they submit an inventory.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I haven't used this personally but it looks like an extension attribute script so you just need to create a new extension attribute with this script as the contents and the Macs will run it and report on the status each time they submit an inventory.

Not applicable

Hi David,

Thanks for your answer. I think I made it work with an extension attribute indeed.
This reports whether or not a certain folder has been found.

Many thanks for your reply.