eBooks

cwaldrip
Valued Contributor

Is there a method or an extension to determine which eBooks have been installed on a Mac client?

It'd be nice to see what eBooks a user has downloaded, or have been installed on a Machine. Even better if I can do a search for eBooks based on the version so we can scope those for updating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

On 10.9+ the books are stored in ~/Library/containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks/Books

The issue is that the file names aren't nice and friendly. There's a Books.plist file in that directory that you'll have to iterate a script through to get your book names. There's an "itemName" key with an associated string value that appears to consistently contain titles.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

On 10.9+ the books are stored in ~/Library/containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks/Books

The issue is that the file names aren't nice and friendly. There's a Books.plist file in that directory that you'll have to iterate a script through to get your book names. There's an "itemName" key with an associated string value that appears to consistently contain titles.

cwaldrip
Valued Contributor

Thanks @jarednichols. This sounds like its going to be a feature request. Until then off to parse some xml. :-)

Added my comments to this feature request...
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=728

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

A little bit of sed or awk would get you where you need to be, I think.