AppleIdAuthAgent popping up on Yosemite imaged Macs

Kyuubi
Contributor

I've got 10.10.3 machines that get this pop up upon loading the OS. This is before the user even logs in for the first time. Has anybody seen this and got a fix? I'm looking to suppress this. My research has pointed to iTunes helper being in login items for root user but i haven't seen any fixes. Working with Casper 9.6 here.0c1d1094fd1b408a80c7b7ea22ae27d3

-7th Hokage

3 REPLIES 3

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

I have heard about it from our techs, but have not seen it. They usually "big hammer" fix it by deleting the users's ~/Library/Keychain/ files and then reboot. It may or may not occur after the user changes their AD password on another device or password reset web page. I am hoping I can learn more about too.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@Kyuubi I wonder if you're deploying a keychain to the users template at all?

You shouldn't do that, & should only see the above when the password has been changed so that the login password differs for the keychain's password.

Seeing this at 1st login is odd.

Kyuubi
Contributor

@bentoms I just checked the user template. No files in the keychain folder at all. This is truly a weird one. There is an iTunes folder in there. I'm going to try removing it and see if that pop up goes away. This is truly a weird one. No one else is seeing this on 10.10.3 machines??