9.8 Linux error, JSS Startup Suspended?

chris_kemp
Contributor III

I'm trying to set up a test JSS here, using Centos 7. Fresh OS install, up to date; latest MySQL 5.6 CS; downloaded the 9.8 installer & ran, no issues...but when I open the web browser to finish I get an error:

JSS Startup Suspended

The JSS can only **upgrade from version 8.0 or later.** Please install the latest release of Casper Suite 8 and then install the current version again.

umm...what? Why would the installer think I'm upgrading a virgin database?

I did a table repair in mysql - no issues. I re-ran the installer, and still the same. I do see that the install script mentions at the end:

The time it takes to upgrade depends on the version you are upgrading to at the size of your database. Do not restart Tomcat during an upgrade.

I assumed that this was a standard message...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chris_kemp
Contributor III

Just a quick update: rebuilt and tried again with the current installer and it worked just fine. Perhaps it was something with the 9.8 install script, don't know - ? I also updated CentOS, and I guess it's possible also that something in CentOS 7 was borked & messing with the installation.

But anyway, 9.81 worked exactly as expected. :)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kitzy
Contributor III

I've seen this occasionally. If it's a fresh database with nothing in it, your best bet is to just drop the database and recreate it.

chris_kemp
Contributor III

Dropped table, deleted /usr/local/jss, and recreated/reinstalled. Same result...

Hafiz
New Contributor II

@chris.kemp I managed to get our Mac Mini Casper JSS migrated to CentOS 7. But that was using 9.73 JSS linux installer, could you try with 9.73 and see if that works for you. It should be easy to start-up. Just wondering if it is a buggy 9.8 linux installer file.

chris_kemp
Contributor III

Just a quick update: rebuilt and tried again with the current installer and it worked just fine. Perhaps it was something with the 9.8 install script, don't know - ? I also updated CentOS, and I guess it's possible also that something in CentOS 7 was borked & messing with the installation.

But anyway, 9.81 worked exactly as expected. :)