Basic Questions about Self Service on iOS

ruschg
New Contributor II

Hello All,

Likely a beginner question, but I just wanted to hear some other thoughts from mac admins:

After an iOS device has been enrolled with the JSS, self service is up and ready for use. If the iPad is reset (content and settings), has anyone come up with a way to keep Self Service on the machine after the reset. From my experience, the app has disappeared and I usually have my interns reenroll the device.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ariospagan
Release Candidate Programs Tester

From my understanding is that if you are doing a complete reset, then you are turning the device back to "factory" settings.

I myself don't know of a way to keep SS on device. Not sure if it is possible after a resetting the device in such away.

View solution in original post

Emmert
Valued Contributor

If the iPad is in DEP it will automatically get everything after the pre-stage stuff is finished...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Emmert
Valued Contributor

If you have the Self Service app set to auto-install, it will re-appear on the next inventory update.

How do you have it setup under Settings > Mobile Device Management > Self Service?

ariospagan
Release Candidate Programs Tester

From my understanding is that if you are doing a complete reset, then you are turning the device back to "factory" settings.

I myself don't know of a way to keep SS on device. Not sure if it is possible after a resetting the device in such away.

Emmert
Valued Contributor

If the iPad is in DEP it will automatically get everything after the pre-stage stuff is finished...