NetSUS Creating Broken dhcpd.conf File

etippett
Contributor II

This is just a heads-up out there for anyone else that comes across this issue. I recently spun up a new instance of the NetSUS appliance from the OVA file, version 4.1.0. I uploaded the exact same NetBoot image I was using on my previous NetSUS (version 2.something), but NetBoot would not enable, saying that there was an issue with my NBI. Looking in the system logs, I noticed that the /etc/dhcpd.conf file was malformed.

dhcpd: /etc/dhcpd.conf line 13: expecting hexadecimal number.
dhcpd: /etc/dhcpd.conf line 16: right brace expected.

After a couple days of fighting this, it turned out that simply using plutil to convert my NBImageInfo.plist to XML fixed it. plutil –convert xml1 /path/to/plist I tried this based on a tip here

Interestingly, I was able to get it working before figuring this out by manually running sudo bash -x /var/www/html/webadmin/scripts/adminHelper.sh setnbimages NameOfNetboot.nbi] and then manually editing my dhcpd.conf file to add the subnets, as doing so through the web GUI would mangle dhcpd.conf. Clicking "Enable NetBoot" in the web GUI would also break the file, so I had to manually start the necessary services. Again, a post on JAMFNation pointed me towards how to manually run the script to setup NetBoot.

Thanks to all the folks sharing info on here I was able to get this fixed. I never would have thought to try converting the plist otherwise. Hope this helps someone else!

Eric

0 REPLIES 0