Remote Management: Only allowing users to VNC "log in as yourself"

danny_friedman_
New Contributor III

So I have encountered a situation with Remote Management in which I was not able to find a solution for my needs, so I'm hoping someone has an answer.

I have a Mac Mini server that is in our environment serving as a local JSS distribution point (and has a few other server-type functions). I created a local non-admin user, "infodisplays", for controlling our office's informational displays. I will need employees from our operations team to be able to screen share with this account, but they must not be able to screen share or log into the Admin account, "Civis Admin".

This computer has remote management enabled, and I have not been able to figure out a way to accomplish the situation described above. Either infodisplays cannot VNC at all into the server, or infodisplays is given the options to log in as itself, OR share the screen (regardless of Civis Admin being logged in), and has the ability to control the computer as the currently logged in user, Civis Admin.

Please see screen shots for further explanation. What I am looking for is a way to disable the "Share the display" functionality, and only give infodisplays the option to "Log in as yourself: infodisplays"

ba3276248cce42dda2e38c4c65b8cb13
1d3bdd4a0954491e8314ef2ed23e98cc

0 REPLIES 0