Self Service needs upgrading after Casper JSS upgrade?

Bernard_Huang
Contributor III

Hi all,

I know it's a very stupid question, but I have to ask anyway. I'm very closed to upgrading our Casper JSS from 9.81 to 9.96 (actually, more info is we're moving our JSS from a windows server 9.81 to a Linux server 9.96, I now know how to by restoring the whole database, then do a DNS switch so URL will be the same).

Anyway, back to my original question, afterwards, do I have to push anything onto each of the managed Macbooks and tell the Self Service to upgrade itself? Or does Self Service do this automatically when it connects?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rquigley
Contributor

Hi Bernard

When the client checks into the JSS, it will automatically update its binary and with that, Self Service.

Just ensure that when you move to your new JSS that you enable for Self Service to be deployed to your clients. I don't believe it's enabled by default.

And sure that the certificate that the JSS matches what is on your clients, otherwise, you'll need to re-enroll all your devices back into your JSS.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rquigley
Contributor

Hi Bernard

When the client checks into the JSS, it will automatically update its binary and with that, Self Service.

Just ensure that when you move to your new JSS that you enable for Self Service to be deployed to your clients. I don't believe it's enabled by default.

And sure that the certificate that the JSS matches what is on your clients, otherwise, you'll need to re-enroll all your devices back into your JSS.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@Bernard.Huang if you use the "Allow Deferral" functionality under the User Interaction payload in policies, it's broken in newer version of the JSS. I think the last version it worked properly in was 9.81. Have a look at this if that's a feature you rely on.