MySQL 5.6 service stopped

tak10
Contributor II

We recently upgraded from 9.87 to 9.96 JSS on Sunday night and since we upgraded our JSS. Our MySQL service terminated or in stopped state 3 times. I have the service to start automatically so after the server restarts or I manually restart the service, it is up and running. But without any indication, our MySQL service is in stopped state.

We are running our JSS and MySQL on Windows Server 2012 R2 server.

Where and what should I be looking for to troubleshoot this issue?

10 REPLIES 10

blairb
New Contributor III

We had the same issue. Our agent had us add these lines to /etc/my.cnf file, right beneath [mysqld]:

innodb_file_per_table = OFF
table_definition_cache = 400
table_open_cache = 400

Seems to have fixed it.

jmercier
Contributor II

wow... same here since upgrade... i was told the latest version of mysql was the error... downgrade to previous version but still dropping once a while...

What to do if /etc/my.cnf does not exist ?

jmercier
Contributor II

forget i found it...

jmercier
Contributor II

mine still dropping 2-3 times a day

dwaterbury
New Contributor III

Wondering if this is still an issue for anyone? Or if you found the solution? I've recently had this issue after upgrading from v9.96 to v9.98. 3 hot fixes later and upgraded to MySQL v5.7. Spun up a whole new server and migrated the JSS to that over the past week, but the issue returned last night. Hoping you might be able to confirm this worked for you. Thanks!

kerouak
Valued Contributor

Methinks it's the version of MYSQL.
I'm running 9.98 and have had no issues whatsoever.
I didn't see any benefit in upgrading MYSQL.
I'm currently running V5.5 without issue.

Try a downgrade on a DEV box and see what happens??

Good luck!

jmercier
Contributor II

still using 5.56 and works like charm

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

We are on 9.97. I just migrated MySQL database to standalone CentOS 7 server running v 5.7 on Monday. No issues so far. I seem to recall that MySQL 5.7 maybe recommended for JAMF Pro 10

dwaterbury
New Contributor III

Sorry. I realize I wasn't clear regarding the prior post. When I upgraded from JSS v9.96 to v9.98, I had not upgraded MYSQL. It was at version 5.6. After several weeks of the MySQL service stopping every 1-2 days, I tried upgrading MySQL to v5.7. I would find that I couldn't restart the service by itself. It would time out. I would have to reboot the server to get it running again. I'm running the JSS on a Windows 2012 R2 server.

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

@dwaterbury Apologies if you already saw this, but perhaps this my help