Max amount of Restores on iOS Sync / Charging Station

johnklimeck
Contributor II

Beginning to add iOS devices to our JSS, mostly iPhones at this point.

Just diving into this and of course DEP is the way to go, but waiting for our iOS vendors to get DEP.

In the meantime, it's Apple Configurator 2. Took a little time, but AC 2 makes sense now, and using Blueprints.

What is the consensus Sync / Charging station. I see the Bretford Powersync20, looks good, and I also see the Cambrionix PP15S, not sure what the PP15S costs, and the Bretford is @ $1200-1300.

Can one "Restore" using Apple Config 2 with these devices, or is this just Charging?

Looks like from my 2013 Mac Pro, with 4 USB ports, even though AC 2 sees all 4 iPhones, it only will Restore 2 at the same time. Is this the nature of the beast?

I have another 80 iPhones to Restore and enroll in JSS and 2 at a time is pretty slow.

Thx in advance,

john

2 REPLIES 2

bumbletech
Contributor III

Restore—you mean from a backup or just restoring iOS?

If it's just iOS, I can plug in 30+ devices and it will restore all of them within 15 minutes to a half hour.

If you're talking about a restoring from a backup, what is it that you're using the backup and restore method to accomplish?

ajenk
New Contributor

A lot of things have come along since your posting, both less expensive but professional hubs and the ThunderSync, which takes advantage of the Thunderbolt's speed. We have had success with these when we are restoring phones or tablets. You can see some of them at https://ipadcarts.com/sync-charge/