Burning hot topics?

pbowden
Contributor III

Any particular questions you would like me to answer during the presentation?

12 REPLIES 12

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@pbowden Is there a document listing the various manageable settings/plists available for Office 2016?

MarcosMunoz
New Contributor III

What is the best way to keep Microsoft Office updated?

Best practices to retain the license information or re-serialize the product?

CGundersen
Contributor III

For those not able to make JNUC, hoping this session/presentation is recorded. At any rate, thanks @pbowden for your presence/assistance on Slack!

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @pbowden as @CGundersen mentioned, a HUGE thank you from our group for all your help on Slack. You've become a valuable resource, and we need to corner you at JNUC2016 so we can shower you with beer!

Two areas of concern for our team. One is ability to make user settings for auto-correct persistent, currently if a user disables all auto-correct options, they come back on after logout/logout in OS X. Second is we would welcome command line software update options, to trigger MAU to run update to desired version (which may not be latest version).

Thanks, and kudos again!

Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com

milesleacy
Valued Contributor

What @donmontalvo said, plus an option for MAU to automatically update to current release, current insider slow, and current insider fast.

That is unless you'll be announcing an App Store release, in which case, I'd only ask for a way to automate the insider updates.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Just as an FYI, I believe there's MAU 4 release slack channel on http://macadmins.org which discusses some of the CLI stuff in the pipeline for MAU.

I won't be attending but would like to send my gratitude for the stellar example you guys have set. The transparency and communication you've maintained with enterprise administrators is by far the best I've seen. And I know it's not just the Office team where this is evident. Keep up the good work. I only wish that Apple would follow your example.

As for an actual question....it seems a lot of the sandboxing for Office 2016 was done with eventually making those apps available via the Mac App Store. If my assumption is correct, how much more work do you have until the Office apps comply 100% with the Mac App Store guidelines/policies/restrictions? I'm not asking for a hard or soft date, but just looking for an idea of how much progress has been made toward that goal and what's to come.

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

Can you ask about App Store release? If we can get MS Office in the apps store that we can blackmail our other software vendors...

Get in the Apps store like MS Office or we are going to switch vendors. : )

Thanks

C

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@gachowski Deploying Microsoft Office 2016 using VPP, device specific, would be most awesome.

@bpavlov Mention on Slack of MAU 3.8 with the command line goodies...

--
https://donmontalvo.com

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

Honestly I hope both installation methods become available somehow at some point

jhuls
Contributor III

Count me as a vote regarding best practices for doing updates efficiently. It's actually one reason as to why we haven't rolled it out yet. Having the initial install with all of the applications packaged together and then having the updates being separate seems inefficient for us.

talkingmoose

WE'VE HAD A VENUE CHANGE!

Wow! We've had an overwhelming number of RSVPs for this event. Last count: 105! Between our meetup and the JNUC Bottle Share mini event, we've outgrown the Town Hall at JAMF Software.

Instead of limiting the number of attendees, JAMF is providing us more space with capacity up to 200! Our venue is now at Open Book just down the street from their HQ on Washington Avenue. We've updated the mini event page with details.

greg_deegan
New Contributor

Outlook and HTML why are you turning the marketing department against me? Since the move to word's render engine HTML is a guessing game as to what it will look like, and it drives them CRAZY!