Disable JSS Settings at Login

Howard_Trevor
Contributor

Have a login window configuration profile built to allow admins to disable settings upon login. But..... its not working. Have it set, said its been completed by all machines. Checked the logs and its run successfully, but when I jump into ARD, log in as admin, hold down option key... click disable settings, when I jump in and open up system preferences everything is still grayed out.

Read about unchecking the log in and log out hooks in the scripts part of the login window configuration profile but still no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

amit_vasani
New Contributor II

@Howard.Trevor I ran in to something like this before. Are you sure the profile was installed via MDM. I saw this when an admin added the profile to the computer locally. Check out the profiles command line tool. http://krypted.com/mac-security/use-the-profiles-command-line-in-el-capitan/

Hope this helps.

millersc
Valued Contributor

Your running into a defect:

[D-005882] The Computer administrators may refresh or disable management option in a Login Window payload of an OS X configuration profile is not applied at login.

Reach out to your TAM. I forgot what the work around is to make it work, but we do have it working here.