Anyone have notes from the "Digging into Security, Compliance, and Reporting" JNUC session?

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Really intrigued by the CIS scripts from the session, but some notes/context would really help me decipher them, and since we're headed to an audit soon while in the middle of switching our config/baseline management to Casper (uh... "Jamf Pro"), I'd love to get this in place sooner than the release of the session videos if possible.

(and yes... I lobbied my employer for 7 months to go to JNUC without success, or I would have my own notes... sigh)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KatieE
Contributor
Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

KatieE
Contributor
Contributor

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Beautiful, thank you so much @kenglish ! so much more elegant than my own approach, I grabbed the scripts yesterday but needed some context to understand the implementation a bit better... the slides help a lot!

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

@kenglish Thank you very very very much !!!!! Another great Jamf GrandSlam !!!!!!

C

rlandgraf
Contributor

Just a heads up but I got an error running the script 1_Set_Organization_Priorities.sh until I put "" around the $dir in the if statement on lines 43 - 45, gave me an error that the folder was not found. Not sure if it was just me. Hope this helps others.

#!/bin/sh

if [[ ! -e "$dir" ]]; then
    mkdir "$dir"
fi

KatieE
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @rlandgraf - I'll be updating this weekend!