Dismiss Notifications on the JSS

jriv
New Contributor III

Hello,

I thought I had this figured out...

I have an item in the JSS Notifications (DEP Expired notice) that I do not know how to remove. I made sure that my account has the permission to "Dismiss Notifications" under JSS Actions but I still do not see the option to get rid of it. Renewing the DEP is not an option and neither is deleting it.

Anyone know how I can just dismiss the notification?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

erin_miska
New Contributor III

@jriv, the ability to dismiss notifications is actually new as of 9.93. Previously the only notifications we had in the JSS were very important ones like expiring certificates or tokens, so we actually didn't want to allow dismissal until the certificate was renewed. In 9.93, we introduced patch notifications which we felt were more appropriate for dismissal, and that's when we added the permission for dismissing. However, dismissal is still not available for notifications about expiring certificates or tokens. The notification should automatically go away once you renew your DEP token. Hopefully that makes sense!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

erin_miska
New Contributor III

@jriv, the ability to dismiss notifications is actually new as of 9.93. Previously the only notifications we had in the JSS were very important ones like expiring certificates or tokens, so we actually didn't want to allow dismissal until the certificate was renewed. In 9.93, we introduced patch notifications which we felt were more appropriate for dismissal, and that's when we added the permission for dismissing. However, dismissal is still not available for notifications about expiring certificates or tokens. The notification should automatically go away once you renew your DEP token. Hopefully that makes sense!

jriv
New Contributor III

Thanks, @erin.miska.