Apple School Manager release notes

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II
3 REPLIES 3

St0rMl0rD
Contributor III

Does this mean that an existing Apple ID can be converted to a managed Apple ID?

RLR
Valued Contributor

It doesn't sound like you can convert them. I think you can just fill out the email column in the Students and Staff CSV files with school email addresses they may have used in the past to create an apple ID. You can do this at the moment, but a warning will appear in ASM saying the email address is associated with an apple ID and the email address field will just say None.

Is anyone else having issues with their ASM changing users and classes to Manual even though you uploaded them with SFTP. I've had it happen to me twice now which means the next time I go to upload the SFTP file everything will be duplicated. Everything that is listed as Manual will have to be deletd.

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

Bumping this for those who missed it over the long weekend.

In particular, removing the requirement for a unique email address is significant. School districts that have created previous unmanaged Apple ID's can now create managed Apple ID's using the same email addresses. The actual Apple ID must be unique, but email addresses have no limitation.