Secure Pulse VPN Connections embedded in package

rkelegha
New Contributor III

Hi All

I have the new version of Pulse Secure (5.2) and I can deploy correctly via Casper admin and JSS and it installs fine. I now want to add the VPN connections to the package so that they get added to app during installation. I have been reading through other articles online and seen that other people are using composer and some are using packages but for some reason I can get my head around them.
I have the new package , I have the VPN config file from VPn server and I have script that will add the connections to the app but again for some reason when I add the script to the package in composer it doesn't seem to run correctly.

3 REPLIES 3

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

Here is my install script for Pulse Secure. I package the PS installer pkg and our .jnprpreconfig and drop them intoo /JAMF/tmp (could also use /tmp). I use a postinstall on the main package to run the installer, install the config file, run some cleanup, and then launch the net.pulsesecure.pulsetray.plist LaunchAgent for the user. Its been working great for us!

#!/bin/sh

# Install Pulse Secure Package

/usr/sbin/installer -dumplog -verbose -pkg "/Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/Pulse Secure 5.2.5.869.pkg" -target /

# Check for installed Pulse Secure and if found install Sapient config

if [[ -d "/Applications/Pulse Secure.app" ]]; then

echo "Pulse Secure VPN Client Installed"
    /Applications/Pulse Secure.app/Contents/Plugins/JamUI/jamCommand -importFile /Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/ourconfig.jnprpreconfig
    echo "VPN Configuration Installed"
else 
    echo "Pulse Secure Client Not Installed"  
fi

# Clean up install files

rm -Rf "/Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/Pulse Secure 5.2.5.869.pkg"
rm /Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/ourconfig.jnprpreconfig

user=`ls -l /dev/console | cut -d " " -f 4`

sudo -u "$user" launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/net.pulsesecure.pulsetray.plist

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

I think there is new pulse today : )

Pulse Secure Desktop Client-5.2R6.0 Software (Build 977)

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

Ah, well, I go with what the VPN folks give us. I'll have to check with them.