JSS REST API Inventory Export for Service Now/CMDB

pmwell
New Contributor

Our Service Now/CMDB development team is overwhelmed right now, so I'm being thrown into this project. The goal is to have an automated feed of inventory to SN/CMDB on a weekly schedule. Right now, that team is suggesting I simply do a manual dump to an excel file and then place that xls/csv in a watched directory. As easy as that would be, it seems like a poor solution long term. Would anyone have any advice on how you would approach this? I've quickly scanned the existing API's in the JSS and the /computers/subset/basic is essentially what I need, with the caveat that I need IP addresses. Is this something that will need to be scripted, or am I missing one of the preconfigured APIs that would do what I need. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

If you really need the IP address included in addition to the other details, then I think you'd probably need to set up a saved advanced search in your JSS that would include the columns of data you need in it (like IP address and others) and then access that saved search via the API.

I don't know that much about how SN accepts input, but can it use either xml or json data? Or is it a requirement to have a csv dump? I can't imagine thats the only format it can take, so I agree with you that doesn't seem very efficient.

rcamacho
New Contributor II

We have integrated with Service Now as well. We used an Advanced Computer search which had the required criteria and used then use the Rest API, under advanced computer searches/id. We got everything we need into SN.

RogerH
Contributor II

Check this thread out

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/10279/servicenow-com-jamf-integration