Skip to main content
Jamf Nation, hosted by Jamf, is a knowledgeable community of Apple-focused admins and Jamf users. If you like what you see, join us in person at the ninth annual Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) this October for three days of learning, laughter and IT love.

Jamf Pro (Casper Suite) Inventory in a Dashboard

Hi All,

I recently gave a talk during the London Apple Admins, one question I was asked during my presentation is how I managed to get jamf Pro (Casper Suite) data onto a dashboard.

Which looked a bit like this:

I've written up a guide on how it works over here

Hope it's helpful for you all, interested to know if anyone has any other examples they can share?

Sachin

Like Comment
SOLVED Posted: by hernandezcri

Hi there,

I've followed the guide and unfortunately I cannot retrieve the information from Jamf.
Basically the dashboard is created and running. Also I've added the information I want to get from Jamf.
Now, I rather to use powershell to get the information required than creating a bash file (as the last comment in your guide). The error that I receive is the following:

"Drats! That Dashboard doesn't exist. You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved."

I've checked the different options and I do not know why the request has to be sent to "/yourDashboard/widgets/widget_id"
I don't see any file in the widgets folder with any of the widget_id I've provided in "yourdashboard.erb" file.
I can retrieve the info I need with the script with no problem, but it doesn't seem to find the location where it needs to post the info.
At the moment I am only trying with 1 computergroup, which is the first one in the dashboard.

I've attached some screenshots in case it helps.

PD: I've changed the urls for security reasons :)

Thanks!