App Showing Up in Multiple Self Service Categories

TISGroup
New Contributor

Hello,
I made some small changes to the category of a few of the apps in our Self Service set-up. However, the applications in question now show up in both categories. Can any one offer advice on how to fix this? This is a cloud hosted solution.

Thank you.380eeb969fc745dba6494583bdb6bed5

5 REPLIES 5

shibao_si
New Contributor II

Check Policy - Self Service - Categories . You may select two...

TISGroup
New Contributor

Thank you for your help, that solved the problem.

cuh-admin
New Contributor

I'm new to Jamf and having this exact problem. I feel like an idiot, but I can't find anything in Jamf Pro Cloud that gets me Policy - Self Service - Categories. I've checked every setting area, every type of provisioning, every individual iPad. Did the menus change recently, or am I really just that slow?

cuh-admin
New Contributor

Nevermind (sort of). I figured it out, but I think there's a bug in Jamf. I had the apps set to install automatically but show in self service after install. With that set of options, the self service tab doesn't show in the app policy details. So you have to change the setting to "make available in self service" then go to the self service tab, then uncheck the categories you don't want, then go back to the main tab, and change it back to "install automatically." Seems like if I have "show in self service after install" selected that I should get the self service tab.

a_simmons
Contributor II

pkscout - Click Computers/ Policies, open the policy your having problems with, then click on Self Service and you'll see the categories section down the bottom.