DEP removed device can enroll in different DEP?

EduTech
New Contributor III

Hello I work for a charter school - we are signing up for jamf. over the last 5 years we have received iPads from our district. Some were enrolled through their DEP, and then disowned ad given to us (over the last year). Will I be able to add any of the last 5 years of iPads to our DEP that we are setting up?

3 REPLIES 3

strider_knh
Contributor II

No. Typically the only devices that you can add to your DEP are devices officially purchased with your Apple Customer Code from resellers that have an official Apple Retail Code. Also, they usually limit to devices no older then three years.

I have heard of exceptions, but those are few and they have had to ask Apple directly.

Unless they have changed it recently but I have not been a part of that and our purchases come from Apple these days.

Good luck.

Look
Valued Contributor III

As @strider.knh says it's highly unlikely. As it was explained to us by our Apple reseller, they just don't do it, the original purchasing of the device is an integral part of the DEP enrollment process at Apple's end and that only happens the first time it's purchased.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Also, once a device is disowned from DEP you can never add it back.