Sierra Imaging

omatsei
New Contributor III

Hey everyone, got a problem with imaging Sierra onto systems. Brief recent history:

I upgraded our JSS from 9.96 to 9.98, downloaded Sierra via the App Store, looked at the package contents, found the "Install OS X Sierra.dmg" file and dragged it into Casper Admin, then replicated the file share distribution points. I can confirm that the DMG is on both the file share distribution points, and that Casper Admin has it marked as an OS X Installer.

Problem is, I added it to a few Configurations, and removed El Capitan, but now the configurations don't boot. I boot up the system, tell it to use one of the Sierra-based configs, and it goes through the whole process, but when it finished, it reboots to a black screen. No keyboard, mouse... nothing... but the screen is on. If I hold alt/option when I boot it, it shows the Untitled HD (I just leave it as Untitled and rename it later), but if I select it, it boots to a black screen again.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? It's been almost a year since I did this, so I might have done the process of adding Sierra to Casper incorrectly... I just can't remember.

1 REPLY 1

StoneMagnet
Contributor III

@omatsei Normally you don't drag the .dmg inside the Install macOS Sierra.app package onto Casper Admin, you drag the Install macOS Sierra.app itself.