Onedrive Plist file not taking

mccallister
Contributor

I am testing on a project for onedrive sync here at work.. In the user folder I am testing I created a folder called "OneDrive - Alma College" and assigned that assigned user as owner of the folder. That is the default folder we want to sync to onedrive. In other words ~/OneDrive - Alma College

My plist in /Library/LaunchAgents works to launch onedrive on login, but the "com.microsoft.OneDrive.plist" that I am putting in ~/Library/Preferences does not take effect. After the user enters their credentials for onedrive setup our default folder it is not automatically selected. What I am doing wrong? I am not very familiar with plist files.

Here is the plist file (for security reasons I am showing you x's in the tenant id string). The formatting from textwrangler gets messed up posting here.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict> <key>AutomaticUploadBandwidthPercentage</key> <integer>50</integer> <key>Tenants</key> <dict> <key>DefaultFolder</key> <string>~/OneDrive - Alma College</string> <key>TenantID</key> <string>xxxxxxxxxxxx</string> </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

4 REPLIES 4

May
Contributor III

Hi @mccallister

I haven't tested this but i think this is a good place to start looking Configure the new OneDrive sync client on macOS

the Default Folder Location setting should have what you need, if you make a plist with just those settings you could upload it as a custom setting in a configuration profile, some discussion here

mccallister
Contributor

Yes, almost every thread I had seen on the internet regarding the default home folder for one drive mentions that microsoft article, but it does not work to set the default home folder as many others have mentioned.

KSchroeder
Contributor

Yes that MS article is horrible; it has the information, but no examples of how you would actually USE it in the real world, which is frustrating. Could be that the path needs to be either quoted in "~/OneDrive - Name" or maybe escaped: ~/OneDrive - Alma College? I would hope not. Also, some of the settings can't be managed via plist, depending on if you're using the AppStore version or the Stand-alone package.

There is a #onedrive channel on the https://macadmins.slack.com site that might help; I haven't looked there recently but I know the Product Manager and others frequent it and answer questions (and have probably already answered this one).

bmack99
Contributor III

Any update on whether you were able to get this resolved? We are getting ready to implement here as well and I'd like to have these types of things ironed out before I dive in. Thanks for any info you can provide.