.pkg install on login

vishelp
New Contributor III

I'm currently trying to deploy the latest version of Symantec to all of my Mac's so that they are on the latest version. I currently have a policy written to install from the self service and it is restricted to admins so that we can test that it does install correctly and the promts that should show up do in fact show up. This is all working. However, when I remove the installer from self service and alter the policy so that my target computers should initiate this installer when they checkin with the JSS or when a user logs in the packages fail to run. Any ideas? There is probably a post on JAMF already about this but I've been searching for hours and can't find it.
Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

how is your app scoped? Are you seeing any failures in the policy logs?

vishelp
New Contributor III

currently it is scoped to be available to all users but pointing to two specific computers so I can test it before I deploy it to all machines.

vishelp
New Contributor III

No I don't see any failures.

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

Ok, is it set to automatically install? any failures in the policy logs?

vishelp
New Contributor III

3c93fed451404e44aedc19449c3e8262

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

Ah, ok change your frequency to "once per computer" then under the package make sure its set to install.

vishelp
New Contributor III

I've been running a
$ sudo jamf recon && sudo jamf policy in order to force the machine to checkin and initiate the process but while it does check-in it doesn't kick the processes off. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

Right, i would change the frequency to once per computer then under logs, flush your test computers then run your recon/policy

vishelp
New Contributor III

YAAS!!! Thanks Dylan, that worked for me!

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

Awesome! I have seen very little use for the "ongoing" flag, as most things need to run once then its good. So for an example, when i update flash every 2nd day it seems, ill upload the new package then go into the logs and flush all. Each computer will then see that upon check in and run the policy.