Removal of NWEA Lockdown Browser.app

rhooper
Contributor III

Hello JAMFers,
I am using JAMF Pro and attempting to remove the NWEA Lockdown Browser.app from our devices before pushing out the newest version, but am having difficulty.
I tried in terminal sudo rm -rf ApplicationsNWEA Lockdown Browser.app and nothing occurs
To be sure I had stuff entered correctly I tried sudo rm -rf ApplicationsNumbers.app and that worked just ducky.
I even removed the sudo to see if it would work that way as well, still nothing.

I have done searches on JAMF and other sites of how to accomplish this, with no luck what so ever.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

For bonus points, put this in a script that checks to see if the App is there before its deleted. Then you can log whether or not any action was taken.

#!/bin/bash

if [ -d /Applications/NWEA Lockdown Browser.app/ ];then
    rm -r /Applications/NWEA Lockdown Browser.app/
    echo "Removed NWEA Lockdown Browser"
else
    echo "NWEA Lockdown Browser not found"
fi

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

Wrong slash at the front too. rm -r /Applications/NWEA Lockdown Browser.app

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

For bonus points, put this in a script that checks to see if the App is there before its deleted. Then you can log whether or not any action was taken.

#!/bin/bash

if [ -d /Applications/NWEA Lockdown Browser.app/ ];then
    rm -r /Applications/NWEA Lockdown Browser.app/
    echo "Removed NWEA Lockdown Browser"
else
    echo "NWEA Lockdown Browser not found"
fi

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

rm -rf just in case. ;)

--
https://donmontalvo.com

rhooper
Contributor III

Thank You all for seeing my errors, I am by no means a scripter. @cbrewer, that worked awesomely. I did not know I needed at the end of the application before the spaces. Is this so the space is recognized?

ow I need ot push out the newest NWEA exam v 4.0.0... but I assume that I can take the policy and increase the priority and the removal of one NWEA app, then install the newest version labeled NWEA Lockdown Browser 4.0.0.

will this work?
by the sounds, it will but I am not sure.

rhooper
Contributor III

I was able to run the package, and the removal script in one policy with great success.

Thanks all

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

Script above still works if you're removing the older 3.0 versions. App name has changed in 4.0.

To clarify rhoopers post, you can put the package and script in the same policy, it will remove the old one and then install the new one. I don't know if its 100% necessary, but we have the script set to run Before. Good testing!