Self Service - Best way to update via installer files / combo updater to 10.13.4

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Already done this before with updates from like 10.13.2 to 10.13.3, i published the installer & combo installer in Self Service.
Is there any advise for updating via self service for like;

• from 10.13.2 to 10.13.4
  • from 10.13.3 to 10.13.4

Currently caching the package, then install the cached packages but receives a lot of errors like;

Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Cannot install on volume / because it is disabled. installer: This volume does not meet the requirements for this update.

Best way to do this is via NetSUS or just via App Store, but we do not want to slurp the bandwith and we dont have NetSUS available atm.

Thanks for any advice!

3 REPLIES 3

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

The problem I've seen with these updaters (behaving like installers) is that they include a reboot script. So, when installed via Self Service, the packages built-in reboot script is interrupted by Self Serve being open. Requires then a manual reboot to trigger the update installer.

Including a re-boot payload in the policy doesn't work, and if you try killing Self Serve at the end of the policy, it never completes cleanly and fails to update the policy log properly.

So yeah, what to do?

nikjamf
New Contributor III

Hi, again txhaflaire I`m now on the same page trying to push this update available on Self Service.!? So far jamf support still looking at the logs.

beatlemike
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I have the same thing with e 10.14.1 Update, never had this issue with the combo updaters in 10.13