DEP Enrollment - Missing username and password fields

akamenev47
Contributor II

d8f319485f2549ee9e13bda9226a570e

Hi,

About last week, we have started seeing a weird issue where at the initial login after hard drive wipe/OS re-install, DEP enrollment, the Username/Password fields are simply missing (see attachment). Has anybody seen this?

Some times those fields re-appear after reboot, sometimes not. The administrator account is there and when the fields re-appear, we are able to login with the local administrator account and continue imaging as usual. We did not see this issue happen when going around DEP, so it is unclear who to blame for this lol.

Ahoy!
5 REPLIES 5

RickDalton
New Contributor III

@shurkin18 I'm seeing the same issue in my environment. Started seeing this Friday of last week. Like you said, not sure where its coming from... I'm running Jamf in the cloud 10.9 and testing on Mojave 10.14.2 but seeing it in 10.13.6 as well. It also appears as if the login window configuration profile is not installing at the remote management screen but logs show it is... Quick tip, pressing Option + Enter will bring up the login fields. Never the less, it seems like there is a bug causing it and shouldn't have to work around it with a key command. If you find a solution please let me know and I'll do the same.

MMIT
New Contributor

@ACMT , thanks for your input, do you use DEP enrollment though?

RickDalton
New Contributor III

@MMIT Yep, we use DEP. I'm seeing this issue during enrollment with the "skip account creation" selected and no local accounts created in the pre-stage.

akamenev47
Contributor II

@ACMT we have the same settings + DEP, it does create a local administrator account though, even when username/password fields are gone - the account is still there.

Ahoy!

RickDalton
New Contributor III

@shurkin18 Thats good that local account creation is working even though is not showing. What I meant in my last post is that I do not create additional local accounts in my pre-stage I do it via policy after the user logs in with there AD credentials. The "Create an additional local administrator account" is not selected in my setup. Just the Jamf management account from User-Initiated Enrollment Settings is created and hidden. Also found others seeing this issue in a different version of Jamf.