Skip to main content
Jamf Nation, hosted by Jamf, is a knowledgeable community of Apple-focused admins and Jamf users. Join us in person at the ninth annual Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) this November for three days of learning, laughter and IT love.

Mac Appstore apps not installing

Every now and then I encounter the issue that Appstore apps are not installed during enrollment.
In the log it shows: vpp redownload call timed out <mdmclienterror:72>

Right now the only way to get them installed is wiping the disk and re-enrolling the machine...
Is there a better, faster way to accomplish this?

Like Comment
Order by:
SOLVED Posted: by Samherren

We had this problem a few weeks ago. Support helped me figure out the solution. I re-downloaded the token for VPP, and then in Computers --> Mac App Store Apps --> VPP. I clicked edit, I unchecked Assign VPP Content, then save. Then rechecked the Assign VPP Content and save again. On the machine I ran a sudo Jamf manage a sudo Jamf recon on one of the machine that was experiencing this issue. It fixed it. Although Support said some of the steps might be superfluous... I was happy it worked because it fixed all of the apps (all of Microsoft Office) that were doing this. Before we did all this I sent all the support logs to Support and they said it was a iBooks or differing app accounts that was throwing this error- but as I mostly do all the ordering, and we do not use iBooks... It wasn't this. The VPP token/cycling the app's app settings did work! Good luck!

SOLVED Posted: by Cayde-6

Yes. I get the exact same thing, waiting on jamf support for an answer

SOLVED Posted: by chrisdaggett

@Cayde-6 @DennisMX Did you ever find a solution? Having this same problem.

SOLVED Posted: by Cayde-6

@chrisdaggett No but installing an Apple content caching server has helped a lot

SOLVED Posted: by Samherren

Yeah, it took cycling the VPP token/cycling the app's app settings did work! Good luck!