kernel extension not set

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

i run the following command to get the TeamIdentifier to create the config profile for kernel extension, but then the teamIdentifier for this particular application comes up as 'not set'

codesign -dv --verbose=4 /Applications/YourApp.app

the application is Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.app

does this mean i can't create the config profile to approve kernel extension?

so when this application get's installed the user will get the popup and will have to 'allow' it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I have the Cisco AnyConnect 4.8.00175 version ( compatible with 10.13, 10.14, 10.15) and now this one has the Team Identifier.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

if the application has the TeamIdentifier NOT SET does that mean a config profile can't be made for approve kernel extension?

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

So, the only time I've seen Not set for a TeamIdentifier is with some built in Apple apps, like Safari and iTunes. Most other 3rd party applications should have one.

I don't have access to AnyConnect anymore, so I can't really check, but taking a quick glance at this page, I see a TeamID listed for Cisco AnyConnect (pre 4.5 version) of DE8Y96K9QP on line 80 as I write this.

That being said, is it perhaps the TCC access info you're looking for here?

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@mm2270 the version i'm test installing is 4.6 and i see NOT SET

i currently install 4.4 and i also get NOT SET

I don't see anything at all nearly related to DE8Y96K9QP

this is the command i'm using in terminal to get me the info. i've attached a picture of the results from the command04764ad89b6742ceb1ad276bce3f7c7b

codesign -dv --verbose=4 /Applications/YourApp.app

the application is Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.app

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I have the Cisco AnyConnect 4.8.00175 version ( compatible with 10.13, 10.14, 10.15) and now this one has the Team Identifier.