Setting up a home page for all users in either Safari, Firefox, or Chrome

Leem
New Contributor

Hello,

I am very new to Jamf and was advised by our IT department to use Jamf to set up the home pages for any of the above browsers to set a home page for all new users who log in.

I have never set up a "config" in Jamf. Is there a "canned solution" to do this as I am just starting out.

Or can I create a PKG from the applications with the home page settings or put the URL in a self service page or Dock? We are using OS 10.12 and 10.14. ANY help would be appreciated...Happy 4th!

Mike

3 REPLIES 3

tomhastings
Contributor II

My favorite new tool is ProfileCreator. With a couple of clicks you can set the home pages for those browsers. It is a great tool if you are new to Mac management and need to configure settings and don't know where to start.

Leem
New Contributor

Hello,

Thank you very much! Yes I am new to the Mac Management and will look into this.

Mike

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

There are few threads here about this, you should hunt around. However, I would guess that whatever you get working for Safari, will stop working in the future OS versions. Apple owns that landing page and doesn't want anyone else taking it... At one time I was using Python code to change to set with Apple API and code and Apple changed that. Apple changed it three straight OS upgrades and I gave up.

C