Using single sign-in email as a script paramter

cfitzgerald
New Contributor

Hi all,
I am in the process of deploying Backblaze to our organization using JAMF. I followed the Backblaze Mass Silent Install with JAMF guide and opted to use a shorter bash script than the one the author uses in the guide. This script takes an input parameter for the email to associate with Backblaze so the user can access their own account online on Backblaze. The only relevant parameter I could find in JAMF is $3, which just returns the local UNIX username of who is signed in on the computer when the policy is run.

Considering my organization has local usernames that vary and do not particularly correlate to their company email, I wanted to know if it was possible to deploy a script in JAMF that pulls the Google single-sign on email that can be used as a parameter for email in my Backblaze script and others.

1 REPLY 1

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

if you map LDAP info from the user you can use a config profile to deploy email address then read that value in via code. There are caveats to this workflow as if the device info changes you will need to trigger a reinstall