How are you getting data off of an iPad?

lehmanp00
Contributor III

I was curious how everyone is getting data (video clips, pics, docs etc..) off of an iPad to share with others? Right now in my school district, we are just plugging them into a PC and copy/pasting to SMB shares or whatnot. Has anyone used a 3rd party tool (like http://www.accellion.com/) as a "Enterprise" cloud solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cpotrebka
New Contributor II

We are testing with MobileEcho 3.5 and there is a way to save password. What version did you try?

The four fields for logging in on the 3.5 version are Server, display name, Username and Save Password.

So it's there.. should work fine for your kids now lehmanp00

lehmanp00 Other than logging in I'm aware of no app that allows people to see their files without logging in.. am I missing something in what you're saying? They want to see their files but not log in?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Andrina
Contributor
Contributor

Take a look at http://www.grouplogic.com/enterprise-file-sharing/file-sync/
Think Dropbox, but on your own servers...

lehmanp00
Contributor III

We actually did a trial of Mobile Echo. We, in the IT department, thought it was great. However, the users did NOT like having to login. Especially with the younger grades.

gajones
New Contributor II

activEcho looks pretty interesting. How well does it work in practice? We tried a similar system called Egnyte a while ago which looked great but was very buggy and unstable.

cpotrebka
New Contributor II

We are testing with MobileEcho 3.5 and there is a way to save password. What version did you try?

The four fields for logging in on the 3.5 version are Server, display name, Username and Save Password.

So it's there.. should work fine for your kids now lehmanp00

lehmanp00 Other than logging in I'm aware of no app that allows people to see their files without logging in.. am I missing something in what you're saying? They want to see their files but not log in?

cpotrebka
New Contributor II

whoops.. double post correction. ;)

lehmanp00
Contributor III

The problem is that we have a bunch of Mobile Labs of iPads. Multiple classes of kids using the Labs every day. Having them login/logout is not ideal. In a one-to-one situation (with our staff) that works fine.

We are still tying to find ways. I thought I would send a broadcast question out to the community to see what people are doing.

*Didn't mean to select that post as "The Answer!"