Adobe CS5 install failing at image time on iMac12,2 .

quedayone
Contributor

I am having an issue with a CS5 install package I created with AAMEE. It is working just fine on MacBooks and MacBook Pros, but is failing on iMac 12,2.

This is the error:

4/18/12 2:34:02.546 PM installd: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “CS5_120418_Install.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fac1dc17c20 {NSFilePath=./preinstall, NSURL=/System/Library/StartupItems/FirstRun/Resources/Packages/CS5_120418_Install.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.adobe.Enterprise.install.78DDC006-87EB-4AC0-BDCC-DDF7DFF413C3, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “CS5_120418_Install.pkg”.} { NSFilePath = "./preinstall"; NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package U201cCS5_120418_Install.pkgU201d."; NSURL = "file://localhost/System/Library/StartupItems/FirstRun/Resources/Packages/CS5_120418_Install.pkg"; PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.adobe.Enterprise.install.78DDC006-87EB-4AC0-BDCC-DDF7DFF413C3";
}
I am going to test on a mini next.
Anyone got any idea on why it would work on MBP and not on iMac?

Thanks in advance!

Wi11

14 REPLIES 14

quedayone
Contributor

Tested on a Mini and it works.
What the Flagnar.

quedayone
Contributor

x

kagibson
New Contributor III

Hi Quedayone
Sorry to hear that you are having issues with CS deployment. It's strange that it is just this particular hardware version that is having the issue. Can I request that you send me the logs from the client system. Specifically the "PDApp.log" file which can be found in "/user/library/logs" and the installer log file. If you can provide any other information about your process that you might think is relevant that would be great. But the logs should give us a better understanding of the issue.

Cheers
Karl Gibson (kgibson@adobe.com)
CS Enterprise Systems Engineer
Adobe Systems

Stevie
Contributor

Hello,

We had this problem and couldn't get CS5 to install at all on any of our new computers. To fix this problem we change our Adobe installer so that the whole package was copied into the /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/ folder at imaging then install cached packages via a startup script when we do our software update.

This works every time for us.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@kagibson Karl, welcome to the JAMF forum! Thanks for showing how proactive Adobe is! And Casper certified too! :D

First Microsoft...now Adobe...wow, what an incredible resource this is turning out to be!!! Ether beers for everyone!

Don

external image link

--
https://donmontalvo.com

quedayone
Contributor

Karl, First thank you for posting a response!
I did some further testing, creating a configuration containing only my 10.7.3 base image, and my CS5 install package and CS5 installed as expected. So one of my other packages or DMG's is causing CS5 not to install on iMacs. I will be doing more testing today and will keep you updated.

quedayone
Contributor

Installing Acrobat Pro after CS5 brakes CS5.
Trying installing Acrobat Pro before CS5. Yep Acrobat and CS5 install now.
Testing my full configuration now.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@quedayone, that is a known issue if you are deploying Acrobat with serialization in place on top of Adobe CS applications. JAMF's white paper on managing Acrobat 9 deployment mentions this actually. It happens because Acrobat's serialization file will overwrite the one used by the other Adobe CS apps. Doing them in reverse order prevents this, as you've discovered.

quedayone
Contributor

@mm2270 You are correct, I find it crazy that it worked on MBP Mini but not on my iMac!

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Heh, I find it crazy that the issue even happens at all. These are 2 applications from the same vendor. You'd think they wouldn't stomp on each other, but you'd be thinking wrong :) Sibling rivalry I guess...

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

From an earlier post....

Subject: AAMEE 2.1 & CS5 = FAIL From: Don Montalvo Date: March 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM @acdesigntech Ahh...that's right, the dreaded ColorSync folder alias issue. Here's a response we got from an Adobe engineer regarding this: {quote} Hi Don, The colorsync issue would come (with AAMEE2.0 also), when Acrobat 9 or Acrobat X are deployed via snapshot feature of CasperSuite, it is because aliases for Profiles (and Recommended) within /Library/ColorSync/Profiles get converted to folder. So, Creative suite install would fail over it. (Unless one follows the workaround to remove these folders, in order to successfully deploy the pkg) However, Acrobat X being a package, can be deployed directly via Casper Suite (without requiring snapshot). And if it is deployed directly, colorsync issue would Not come with CS5.5 AAMEE pkgs. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks, Sumita

{/quote}

--
https://donmontalvo.com

kagibson
New Contributor III

@quedayone Is the issue now resolved ?

And thank you everyone for the warm welcome, glad to be here ;-) and beers are always welcome ;-)

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hi Karl,

Will you announce here about CS6 deployment when possible?

kagibson
New Contributor III

@bentoms Yes, I will keep the forum and user's up to date. Also please keep an eye on our blog and twitter feed, were announcements have already been made.
http://blogs.adobe.com/oobe/
@Adobe_ITToolkit