Server certificate - renewed - policies broken !

simonhpotter
New Contributor

We recently renewed our server certificate on the JSS using the utility built in to CASPER, since that happened none of my policies are running on workstations. I assume that this renewal of the certificate has effected the communication to the JSS and the running of policies ? Is there something else I need to do to get these policies working again ?

3 REPLIES 3

John_Wetter
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Are the computers even checking in with the JSS any more? I assume it is a valid cert from an external CA? Do you have the box checked to require a valid cert? I'd check with making sure the cert checks out with the clients before troubleshooting further.

simonhpotter
New Contributor

John, clients are checking in and recon does run fine on them devices. Error in the package log is:
Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/Library/Application Support/JAMF/Downloads/hotpotatoes.pkg'. I have checked the location and the file does not exist. I also manually copied the file to this location and ten ran the policy and all went fine. I suspect the JSS is not able to copy the package to the install location i.e. /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Downloads/hotpotatoes.pkg'.

cvgs
Contributor II

Did you also change the HTTPS certificate for your distribution point? Perhaps "curl" does not recognize the new certificate as a valid one, and you have to update the curl-ca-bundle.crt as well?