HTTPS distribution

janhy
New Contributor II

I'm trying to switch the distribution point from HTTP to HTTPS, but when a policy executes I get an error saying that the script could not be found on the server. If I copy the URL from the error straight into a browser, it downloads the script. Am I getting this error because the SSL certificate is self-signed?

5 REPLIES 5

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Which OS is the server? Lion?

jkb
New Contributor III

You might need to set the web server to also use SSL. That is, if you are using OS X Server, enable SSL for the site. I know I ran into similar policy issues when I toggled the setting in Server Admin but didn't make the corresponding change in the JSS.

jkb

janhy
New Contributor II

The server is running Lion.

jkb: I've added the website into the Server app, and in JSS switched the protocol to HTTPS and the port to 443. Anything else I need to do?

jkb
New Contributor III

John: you need to make sure that both the Server.app settings and your JSS settings match. That is, in both Server.app>Web>Site, set to use 443 and have the proper certificate configured. Then in your JSS>Settings>Servers>Distribution Points>HTTP configure protocol and port.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I actually forgot I posted a solution for this on my blog already.. have a ganders: http://macmule.com/2012/04/11/error-the-package-does-not-appear-to-be-on-the-server-400-line-1-synta...