Upgrading from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion - Configuration Profiles Issue

chappj01
New Contributor

I've done some searching around, and haven't found anything along this line posted previously.

We've got a number of systems currently running Snow Leopard that we want to upgrade to Mountain Lion. We're on Casper Suite 8.6, and the Snow Leopard systems were enrolled via a QuickAdd package. What I'm finding is that after upgrading the system to ML, the MDM profile is not being installed on the system, which is preventing the rest of our configuration profiles from being pushed down.

Has anyone else run into this? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Do I need to re-enroll them? If so, is there a way to force re-enrollment of a currently enrolled system via the JSS?

2 REPLIES 2

rtrouton
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Assuming your Casper account is a hidden user, it may not be migrating successfully when you upgrade.

http://derflounder.wordpress.com/2012/01/04/hidden-users-with-hidden-home-folders-not-migrated-when-...

You may need to re-run your QuickAdd in order to re-create your Casper account on these Macs. Once that's done, hopefully your MDM profiles will be installed properly.

chappj01
New Contributor

Thanks Rich. Re-enrolling it then re-running the QuickAdd package that it downloads worked. Oddly enough, just running QuickAdd by itself without going through the web enrollment page first did not work. We don't use a hidden admin account, and the upgrade did migrate the account properly.

Having to re-enroll is far less than ideal, but at least it works!