Slightly OT - Custom screensaver (slideshow) for 10.6+ and MCX

carlo_anselmi
Contributor III

Hello everyone,
I am trying to find a way to create and set a custom screensaver ("slideshow") for 10.6+ clients and MCX.
I have several locations to manage and each one has its own custom screensaver.
So far, I have been modifying the standard "Beach.slideSaver" screensaver so that scoping and distrubuting custom images within /System/Library/Screen Savers/Beach.slideSaver/Contents/Resources/... (and deleting the original ones) allowed me using just one MCX pref for all locations.
The only thing that changes is the set of images to be used within the same bundle.
A simplified way of what is much better explained here (by G. Neagle)
http://www.mactech.com/articles/mactech/Vol.26/26.02/2602MacEnterprise-CustomSlideShowScreenSavers/i...
This works perfectly in 10.6 and 10.7 but now ML changed screensaver management and it seems I can only set MCX to use standard "Flurry", "Computer name" a few others legacy screensavers across different OS versions (old screensavers like Beach.slideSaver are now slightly hidden and changed location if you update to ML).
On the other hand, ML has now an option to define a folder to pick images from previous OSes don't have.
Is there a way to create a custom screensaver and make it work with MCX regardless of OS version?
Many thanks for your help!
Ciao
Carlo

0 REPLIES 0