Inventory error: org.apache.jasper.JasperException:

davidkwa
New Contributor III

Hi

I am wondering if anyone knows what is going on here:

I get this error when I click on the 'details' link for a specific computer.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Thanks in advance.
Dave

7 REPLIES 7

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Hey Dave,

What version of the JSS are you running? I believe this was fixed in 8.6.1. So if it is possible to go ahead and upgrade to 8.6.2 this may fix your issue.

Thanks,
Tom

davidkwa
New Contributor III

Hi Tom

Thanks for the reply. We have 8.62 here. I am unable to confirm if this situation/error had already occurred before the upgrade.

Will 8.62 upgrade prevent this situation from happening? And will the upgrade also fix all existing problem?

Regards
Dave

matthew-c
New Contributor III

Hi Tom,

We are having this error creep back in again since you last saw us. So I don't think it's entirely fixed. It's no where near as bad as it was though. Only a few machines have reverted rather than everything above OS X 10.7. I have deleted these machines and re added them after which they are ok for a short while and then get the error again.

Dave - We had to delete the affected machines and re-recon them, they did not fix themselves. Could you try doing that and see if the problem goes away.

We are still on 8.61 but i'm going to try an upgrade to 8.62 and if that doesn't work I'm going to open a new ticket.

cheers

Matt

davidkwa
New Contributor III

Hi Tom and Matt

Thank you both for the reply. May I get confirmation on this known issue:

1) Is this purely an inventory display issue?
2) Workstations affected by this issue, are they still managed?

Any other information will be very helpful.

Thanks and regards
Dave

LarryH
New Contributor III

I am having the same issues running JSS 8.62 on some clients when I select details from inventory.

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

I'm seeing this as well under 8.61

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Hey Everyone,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this bug again. I looked up the defect, D-003078, and it says it was fixed. On my test box I have a VM of the JSS running in Ubuntu LTS server 12.x and I cannot get the problem to reproduce on my end. However, I have like 3 clients in my test environment and it runs in a very simple and enclosed work space. So, it is no where near comparable to a larger environment you all have.

Contact your account manager with the defect noted, D-003078, and I will also pass this along to dev. Hopefully we can find out why it is still coming up in your environments. Your account manager will probably ask for a JSS summary and some more information, possibly an upload of your database so we can further troubleshoot the problem.

If anything comes to light please feel free to post the fix here on this thread for the benefit of others.

To address your concerns here is what I know to be true from working with this particular bug:

1) Is this purely an inventory display issue?

Yes, I was able to still deploy profiles/APN commands and run policy on the said affected Macs in inventory.

2) Workstations affected by this issue, are they still managed?
Correct. In my experience with this bug it was purely an inventory display issue.

Thanks,
Tom