Mount DFS Share under 10.7 and above

aburrow
Contributor

I'm trying to mount a users Active Directory home drive and DFS share's when a user logs into Lion or Mountain Lion.

The home drive mapping was easy to do. A simple change in the Directory Utility "Use UNC path from Active Directory to derive network home location".

I can successfully mount the DFS share from the finder "Go, Connect to Server" using kerberos.

I found the "mountNetworkShare.sh" script in the Resource kit and have modified it I believe with the correct settings. As we don't currently have JSS setup I was hoping to start testing the mounts and give it out to select staff to use daily before our JSS environment is setup.

I've tried running the script as a loginhook but nothing happens when I login.

Is there a better way to run this script at login?
Is there a log file I can check to see what's happening when the script is executed or indeed to ensure that the script is being executed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ClassyLee
New Contributor III

Have you tried using local MCX to push the path down to an account as a login item? It's worked for me in the past, but I haven't tried it since 10.6 while using DAVE for DFS.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ClassyLee
New Contributor III

Have you tried using local MCX to push the path down to an account as a login item? It's worked for me in the past, but I haven't tried it since 10.6 while using DAVE for DFS.

ClassyLee
New Contributor III