Adobe CC Full Suite Distribution

jshipman
New Contributor III

I have used the Creative Cloud Packager to create a package to install the entire CC Suite. I am attempting an installation (stand alone, not through the suite) and It says it's going to take 26 hours to install and growing... I've done this once before and it certainly did not take this long to install. What have I done wrong?

Also what should my script look like to install exceptions?

THANKS!!

1 REPLY 1

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

I'm not following you - what's going to take 26 hours, using CCP to build the pkg or actual client deployment? If you "Select All" when building your package in CCP you get about 13 GB of download into your ~/Library/Caches folder. If your bandwidth is limited, this is your constraining factor.

Be sure you're using CCP 1.2 as previous versions ignored whether you had the "Ignore Conflicting Processes" checkbox selected. D'oh! Also be sure to exclude Adobe AIR.

As to the Exceptions, I typically package AIR separately using the snapshot method, or if you're deploying Adobe AIR and Adobe Help, you can use Greg Neagle's canned .pkg to do so:

http://managingosx.wordpress.com/2010/09/03/updating-adobe-help-for-cs5/

Somewhere here on JAMF Nation is a post on deploying the Adobe DPS Tools. Refresh my memory, what other things are required? Adobe Muse? For AIR-based apps, I typically package up the installer, drop it somewhere like /tmp or /Users/Shared, then use Composer to create postinstall script which invokes the actual AIR installation...

Hope this helps,

--Robert