Is it possible to push different packages from different distribution points?

kai
New Contributor

Hi,

What I am looking to find out is if there is a way to push different packages from different distribution points to clients.

For example:

I have an SMB distribution point in our datacenter that is large scale and suitable for pushing CS6 or other large packages from.

I have another distribution point on the OS X server (mac mini) which is fine for the smaller packages like lync, chrome etc.

I would like to make it so that the largest packages are pushed from the SMB share in the DC and the smaller ones from the mac mini.

Is this possible to do with casper casper? Or does everything have to come from one distribution point alone?

Many Thanks,

Kai.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jdziat
Contributor

You can specify multiple distribution points. You can also specify which distribution point each policy uses when you create it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jdziat
Contributor

You can specify multiple distribution points. You can also specify which distribution point each policy uses when you create it.

kai
New Contributor

Thanks for that :)

I'll give it a go now.

acdesigntech
Contributor II

AFAIK you cannot specify this in Casper remote though. You can only override default settings for which dp to use for all packages for what job you are pushing through remote